Hull Museums' Collections
The Campaign! Make an Impact Project focused on Hull Museumís internationally significant Wilberforce and Anti-Slavery collections currently housed within Wilberforce House Museum.
Wilberforce House, No. 25 High Street, is Kingston upon Hull's oldest surviving museum, opened to the public in 1906. It takes its name from the building's most famous resident, William Wilberforce, the Abolitionist who was born here in 1759. Hull City Council marked the 200 year anniversary of the Abolition of the British Slave Trade Bill with the Wilberforce House Museum Project, a development of new innovative displays which focus on the history of slavery, the role of Wilberforce and examine contemporary issues relating to the subject of slavery. The Wilberforce House Museum now provides full access, physical and intellectual to the Designated Museum Collections.
The Wilberforce and Anti-Slavery collections are internationally significant and are accessed on a regular basis by researchers, students and visitors.
This is where Wilberforce House is in Hull»