Please give us any feedback about the accessibility of our website by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The My Learning website follows the UK government's guidelines for access keys. Access keys provide keyboard shortcuts and offer you an alternative way of navigating around the site.
To use access keys:
- Press and hold the 'Alt' key
- Press the letter or number of the access key as listed below
- Press the return key. You should now be redirected to the page you require.
If you are using a Macintosh system, you must press the 'Ctrl' key and the access key.
My Learning website access keys are:
- S - Skip Navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - News Archive
- 3 - Website Map
- 4 - Search
- 5 - About
- 6 - Subjects
- 7 - Learning Levels
- 8 - Privacy and Child Protection Policy
- 9 - Museums
- 0 - Accessability Statement
Access key functionality may vary based on the type of operating system you are using.
Access keys are only supported by MS Internet Explorer 4 and above and by Netscape 6x versions
Accessibility features on the site include:
Validation of all XHTML, CSS and additional scripts
Screen reader ‘ready’ and compliant
- All page source has been checked against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines compliance
- Cascading style sheets used in favour of tables, for everything except explicit tabular data.
- All content is still legible without the use of Cascading style sheets (CSS), but obviously does look the same visually.
- Navigation of the site does not require any scripts.
- Appropriate tagging for all images
- Transcripts for video and Audio
- A link to skip navigation. You can use this link to skip the navigation and jump straight to the content on any page in the site.
- Text sizes are all relative. You can adjust the font size on the site to make it easier to view. With this in mind we have made available 2 buttons on the site interface to which will increase the font size which some users may find more comfortable to read.
- Printer friendly: Our site prints in a way that the pages can be downloaded as support learning material ensure that the text and images are legible when printed out on a standard 300dpi printer using white A4 size paper without all the unnecessary website navigation trimmings as you find on the site.