Kirkstall Abbey and Abbey House 'For Sale' Advert
Sale advertisement for Kirkstall Abbey and Abbey House. They were bought by Colonel John T. North in 1888. He then gifted it to the people of Leeds. Although Colonel North generously saved Kirkstall Abbey for the city of Leeds, he was able to do so only because he profited from the exploitation of people and resources in other parts of the world.
Image © Leeds Museums and Galleries