Stories of Migrations to Leeds
This film highlights the stories of four people who have moved to Leeds from their place of birth.
The film ask all four people the same open questions;
- Who are you and where were you born?
- Why did you come to Leeds?
- What did you bring with you?
- What were your first impressions of England?
- Did you feel welcome in Leeds?
- What are your hopes for the future?
- What does the future hold for migration in Leeds?
- Does Leeds feel like home now?
It captures the following four voices; Deirdre Quill from Belfast in Northern Ireland; Ousmane Batebou from Guinea-Conakry in West Africa; Eileen Taylor from Jamaica in the Caribbean and Zainab Abdelkader from Saudi Arabia and Egypt in Western Asia.
Film © Leeds Museums and Galleries