Resource created by East Riding Museums, Heritage Learning and Normanby Hall Country Park.
This resource looks at two ways that children contributed to the war effort in the First World War: The Overseas Club and Empire Day.
- KS3 &4 History: World War One
- KS4 Citizenship: Community volunteering
- Knowledge of the role children played in the Great War
- Understanding that all members of society were expected to play their part for the war effort
- Skills in analysing and interpreting historical evidence
- What kind of language does the leaflet use to encourage children to contribute to the fund?
- How is the leaflet trying to make them feel?
- Do you think it would be successful as a fundraising appeal? Why/why not?
- Who you are going to help, and how?
- What sort of groups are you going to target with your fundraising appeal?
- What you want them to do?
- How would you persuade them to do it?
- How you might reach them with your message?