Resource created by the National Civil War Centre
- KS3 History: Development of church, state, and society in Britain (1509 – 1745): causes and events of the civil wars, the Interregnum, and the Restoration.
- KS4 History: Thematic Early Modern British history
- Learn to construct informed responses that involve thoughtful selection and organisation of relevant historical information
- Understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
A series of downloadable resources are available to accompany each of the activities below (see 'Resources' section)
- 4.2 Museum Challenge
Examine Sir Thomas Fairfax’s wheelchair. Read sources to find out about Fairfax’s wounds and create a museum display
- 4.3 Reverend Scribewell Will See you Now!
Choose your spy and their equipment. Can you reach your destination safely?
- 4.4 County Court Challenge
Examine the experiences of some real soldiers in the war. Role play a County Court.
Short Bonus activity
- 4.5 Chat with the Past (External Link)
'Chat’ with our film characters and find out what help they need after the war.