Resource created by Heritage Learning.
Investigate the history of Hull, its development, trade and people through examining the buildings of its historic High Street.
- KS1 History: Changes within living memory, Significant historical events, people, and places in their own locality
- KS2 History: A local history study
- KS3 History: A local history study
- Knowledge and understanding of the development of Hull 1700 - 1900
- Skills to learn in museums and take pride in the local area through learning more about it
The development of Hull between 1700 and 1900 saw many significant changes as the city’s trade and industry expanded.
Explore important buildings and residents of High Street, examine documents, artefacts and evidence of events that have shaped our city into the Hull we know today.
This resource has been developed in partnership with Hull Local Studies Library and local schools to support the Primary Local History themes and GCSE History. We would like to thank the staff and pupils of Newland School for Girls and Sydney Smith for their help and support.