Resource created by York Museums Trust.
This resource, suitable for Key Stages 1 to 3, aims to develop knowledge and understanding of invertebrates and will support learning about invertebrates and their relationship to the environment.
The resource covers the following areas of the Science curriculum:
- KS1 Science - Identifying Plants and animals in their habitats
- KS2 Science - Living things and their habitats; Life cycles; Evolution and inheritance - adaptation
- KS3 Science - Relationships in an eco-system; Variations between species
- Knowledge of different types of invertebrate and variations between species
- Understanding of how insects have adapted to their environments
- Skills to identify and classify types of insect
- Interactive PowerPoints:
The Minibeasts Interactive PowerPoint Quiz is suitable for whole class use and is perfect for a plenary activity. Includes extra information along with the answers.
Amazing Snails Interactive PowerPoint - this short powerpoint is perfect for a starter or plenary activity and can be set to use as a touch interactive on a smartboard.
Pupils can use the 'Design a Super Bug' template to drawn their own creature from parts of minibeasts.
Invertebrates at York Museums Trust
York Museums Trust has a large collection of invertebrates. For more information about the entomology collections see: Why do Museums have a minibeast collection?