Resource created by Calderdale Museums: Bankfield Museum
This resource tells the story of one man's invention that has saved countless lives around the world. All inspired by a cat!
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- KS1 Science: Materials.
- KS2 Science: Light – notice that light is reflected from surfaces.
- KS2 English: Writing diaries and autobiographies.
- Write an autobiography or biography of Percy Shaw. For example you could turn his life story into a comic strip or poem
- Design an experiment to investigate what materials reflect.
- What materials will you need?
- How will you ensure it is a fair test?
- What will your variables be?
- Our roads are a lot busier than they were in Percy’s time. Create an invention of your own to make our roads safer for people. This could be something to help:
- Skateboarders or Scooter riders
- The elderly
- Wheelchair users
- Blind or deaf people