This resource was created by Leeds Museums and Galleries as part of the Leeds Curriculum suite of resources.
- KS2 History: Local Study, Theme extending knowledge beyond 1066
- KS2 English: Planning, drafting and writing; Reading aloud; Listening; Evaluating and debating
- KS2 PSHE: Relationships, Rights, Responsibilities, Community and Global Citizenship
- KS2 Citizenship
- SMSC – British Values
- Find out more about someone who you think has been courageous – it might be a person you know or someone who is famous for their courage
- Design and make an item/lucky charm/gift that you could give to another person to help them through a challenge or give them a good feeling in times of struggle
- Create an emblem for courage for your class
- Find out what the word ‘pacifist’ means
- Find out what the word ‘socialist’ means.
- How might the soldiers fighting and dying on the front line have felt when Woodbine Willy visited them? Why did Woodbine Willy do it?
- What does being courageous mean to you? When have you been courageous? How does it feel when you are being courageous?
- How can we help make change in the world through being courageous?